How many times have you arrived at your holiday home, and gone to use your holiday car, only to find the battery or a tyre was flat? Or the Warrant of Fitness has expired? Or there was half a sandwich left in there when you visited 3 months ago? Sorting this out can eat into valuable holiday time. Arrowtown Garage offers holiday car management services to help take the hassle out of managing your holiday vehicle. Once we’ve agreed what services you’d like to use, and we’ve arranged access to your vehicle, simply let us know when you’re arriving and leaving, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Our holiday vehicle management services fall into two simple categories: Arrival and Departure.
Both can be tailored to your needs.
Arrival: ensuring your vehicle is ready to go when you arrive.
Vehicle readiness checks: from NZ$50 plus any parts and travel time.*
- Ensure the Registration and Warrant of Fitness are valid, and car starting well.
- Check and correct tyre pressure.
- Check tyre tread including spare and replace tyres if needed.
- Check wipers and replace if needed.
- Check all lights and replace bulbs if needed.
- Check antifreeze/coolant and top up if needed.
- Check window washer fluid and top up if needed (antifreeze type in winter).
- Correct chains in car for winter.
- Check fuel and top up if needed.
- Check oil and top up if needed.
- Swap to winter/summer tyres as required.
- Attach bike/ski/roof racks etc – yours or hire one of ours.
- Airport ready – your car is waiting for you at the airport.
Pre-arrival clean: from NZ$50 plus travel time.*
- Wash and dry.
- Black tyres.
- Full valet service clean
Warrant of Fitness and Safety inspections: from NZ$54 plus travel time.*
- Full standard New Zealand Transport Agency Warrant of Fitness check or safety check to same standard as required.
- More in-depth safety checks available covering things that the WOF check doesn’t including visual checks of brakes, all suspension linkages, shock absorbers etc.
Servicing: We can perform standard servicing on all makes and models or we can deliver your vehicle to your agent and pick it up once they’re done.*
- Standard service from NZ$90 plus parts and/or fluids.
- Delivery to and pick up from your service agent of choice – we charge for travel time only.
- Anything your vehicle needs.
Management: Let us manage your vehicle’s vital needs – Licensing (Rego), Warrants of Fitness, Insurance and Servicing. We can remind you or we can do it all for you so you don’t use up valuable holiday time.
- Free emailed reminders.
- Full or partial management – let’s talk and work out a plan for you.
Departure: ensuring your vehicle is well stored while you are away.
Hibernation service: from NZ$30 plus parts and travel time.*
- Battery maintenance – [modern vehicles use battery power while they are shut down – if left too long without the proper maintenance this can damage your battery beyond repair]. We attach the vehicle battery to a computerised CTEK battery maintenance charger to manage and extend the battery life. No more flat batteries day one of your holiday. (Battery maintainers can be purchased or hired. Purchase from $199, hire from $17 per month.)
- Lift wipers – extend wiper life.
- Vent windows – to reduce damp risk.
- Clean out debris – in case there’s a sandwich hiding under a seat. Anything that might not be rubbish will be collected together and stored with your vehicle. If you need it we’ll send it to you.
- Wash and dry – to protect paintwork.
- Dust cover – to protect paintwork.
- Lift onto axle stands – to protect tyres.
- Damp prevention – to protect interior.
- Storage – we can arrange dry, secure storage for your vehicle as required.
- Airport retrieval – leave your car at the airport and we’ll pick it up and put it into storage.
*Parts and travel time in addition to service cost. We will let you know in advance our expected travel times based on your address and we can establish a parts cost threshold for contacting you prior to work happening.